Specific for Bachelor of Physical Education (Based on CMO No. 80 S. 2017)
PO1 – DISCIPLINAL KNOWLEDGE
- Apply scientific and evidence-based practices critical to the educational and learning processes.
PO2 – MOVEMENT COMPETENCY AND PROFICIENCY
- Demonstrate skillful performance in a variety of physical activities.
- Adapt performance to variety of physical activity settings: (e.g. formal classes, recreational and competitive)
PO3 – PROGRAM PLANNING, IMPLEMENTATION AND EVALUATION
- Critically examine the curriculum (e.g. content, pedagogy and assessment) and program, and enhance (e.g. innovate) them necessarily.
- Plan and implement safe and effective physical activity programs to address the needs of the individual in school and/or industry settings.
- Monitor and evaluate physical activity programs in school and/or non-school settings.
- Use appropriate assessments in, as and for student or client learning
- Use information, media and technology in pedagogy and for lifelong learning.
PO4 – PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Promote the advancement of the profession
- Pursue lifelong learning for personal and professional development.
PO5 – COMMUNICATION
- Communicate effectively with PE practitioners, other professionals and stakeholders.
- Use oral, written and technology formats deftly
Career Opportunities for BPEd
- Physical Education Teacher in Basic Education
- Dance and Sports Club Moderator
- School based Sports Program and Events Moderator / Coordinator
- Fitness Instructor
- School Coach
- Educational Technology Laboratory – a networked computer laboratory for hands-on training of the students
- Science Laboratory – shared with criminology
- ICT Laboratory – shared with EMC
- Dance Studio
- Fitness Assessment Equipment
- Playing Ground/Facilities
- Resistance Training Equipment
- Swimming Pool
- Track and Field Oval